In 2001, DiCon Fiberoptics. Inc, a leader in Photonics, recognized the potential of LED Technology to revolution the lighting industry. They gave their engineers the difficulty task of designing and manufacturing a best in class LED. It had to be bright while maintaining a high quality of light, it had to effectively disperse heat, be as small as possible, and be color tunable. After 7 years of dedicated research and experimentation, DiCon created and patented the Dense Matrix LED.
The Dense Matrix LED, allows for more LEDs closer together on a single array. This allows for all the chips to emit through a single lens, making for an effective point source light, that creates a single shadow. The array consists of multichannel LED's which gives the ability to color tune the light.
In 2013 the Fiilex brand was created to bring the power of the Dense Matrix LED to the Film/Broadcasting/ Photography industries. Since its start, Fiilex has won major contracts in the North American broadcast market, established a wide dealer network around the world and is one of the newest and most sought after lighting brands in the market.
- Jan 2013 Fiilex is Launched
- Dec 2013 The Fiilex P180E Wins a Government Video "Salute" Award
- Feb 2014 The Fiilex P180E and P360 win Resource Magazine's "Onion Award"
- July 2014 The Q500 wins "Lighting Innovation" Award from Cine Gear Expo
- July 2014 The P360EX wins best "Continuous Lighting System" in the "Hot One" Awards from Professional Photographer Magazine.